Does Aprilia (the Mille in particular) have ram-air?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Does Aprilia (the Mille in particular) have ram-air?
By Geremy on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 03:29 pm:  View Geremy's Profile Search for other posts by Geremy Edit this post

Hi,

I realize the aprilias have tubes feeding the airbox from the front fairing, but does the aprilia have a true ram-air system? Does the airbox ever reach positive pressure? I was told that this would be the place to ask.

Thanks.  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 11:31 pm:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Although the std RSV and RSVR has a sealed airbox, the ram air tubes feeding it are not sealed, therefore it does not have true ram air. When it is sucking 5000 litres of air per minute through the pissy small 100mm diameter or so airbox feed, I would guess it runs a serious negative pressure at any reasonable revs. The answer: Junk the airbox and fit an aftermarket airkit/filter setup.

HTH

RichDMR

PS. Somebody misled you, this place is nothing more than a funny farm on the net 

By Geremy on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 01:58 am:  View Geremy's Profile Search for other posts by Geremy Edit this post

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation