F****d by my dealer!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: F****d by my dealer!
By Leelee88 on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:50 pm:  View Leelee88's Profile Search for other posts by Leelee88 Edit this post

A word of warning!
My Mille & I had an RTA in April after only 3000 miles from new, afterwards I had the bike recovered to my local Aprilia dealer BRANDS HATCH PERFORMANCE, based at the famous race circuit BRANDS HATCH in SE England. After insurance wrangles etc, I got to keep the bike after purchasing it for the salvage value of the write-off. This week BRANDS HATCH PERFORMANCE were meant to deliver the bike back to me but couldn't do so on the day arranged. I visited the dealer the same day to complain and guess what? Your worst nightmare! My bike was on a work bench with the side panels removed and the battery and starter motor missing. On challenging the staff, I got a shrug of the shoulders and a 'we borrowed them for another customers bike' answer. My bike was supposed to be in safe storage while my insurance claim was sorted out, instead I find my vehicle being used as a donor vehicle for their other customers.
The dealer delivered the bike the next day and after further investigation, the ECU had been opened invalidating the warranty and who knows what else!!
I am absolutely disgusted with the dealer and their attitude, and would never recommend their services. Not only did I have a bad accident but also to rub salt into my road rash, an Aprilia authorised dealer has screwed with my bike and stolen bits from it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! 

By Rca on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:38 pm:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Sue em.  

By Daz on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:45 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Unbelievable. You should ring Aprilia UK immediately.

Sorry about your accident, hope you weren't too badly injured.  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:48 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

What they did was theft, and as such is a criminal offence. You don't state if they put the bits back on or not, but if not I would contact the old bill and stuff em big time. I'm sure MCN, Ride etc would also be interested, they both have a legal advice thingy anyway I think, it cannot harm you to contact them for advice.

Good luck, and don't let them get away with it.

RichDMR  

By Rsvdave on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:50 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Unbelievable. I'd be mad as hell if that was me!

Make sure they pay, big time...

RSV Dave  

By Bonerp on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:03 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

That really takes the piss. Good luch getting it resolved. Your chance to screw them now!  

By Daz on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:31 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Didn't they try to rip someone off on here for their first service also? Definitely steer well clear of these thieves.

Aren't they just down the road from Renegade? Perhaps we should send Kev and the boys round?! j/k!!  

By Bonerp on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 03:34 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

By Redlionfalco on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 05:25 am:  View Redlionfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Redlionfalco Edit this post

Quote:

Aren't they just down the road from Renegade? Perhaps we should send Kev and the boys round?! j/k!!

I am sure Brands Hatch Performance has been previously recommended by one of the more authoritative contributors. 

By Daz on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 06:05 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Leelee88- please consider adding this to the dealer database on

http://www.growthlog.com/falco/dealers.asp  

By Powermaster on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:43 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Yes, I did and I apologies for that, I warned them before hand not to screw up anyone, I have since cut my personal and business relations with them but that was due to their business conduct with Rene.
Please ring Aprilia and speak to Mr Paul Walker as he is/was? the Head of the dealership department.

By Mark on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 04:45 am:  View Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Edit this post

Taking the parts is theft. Even if they replace them with new parts they are not the original so a theft has taken place regardless. nail 'em to the wall.  

By Richandall on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 08:09 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Leelee88 - so what's happened since your first post? And did BHP reinstate your bike b4 returning it, no?

I think we should be told.

As for remedies, my guess is ol' bill could give a stuff. Civil case, innit, go see the trading standards people 'n' get a brief. Cost you, mind.

If they's coshed & robbed you on the way out and you'd bled a lot I 'spose the pleece might be interested. Probably arrest you, caution you, and want to know if you were wearing anything loud when you crashed.

Do I sound bitter 'n' twisted? (that'll be a pint and slice )

- Rich

By Zazutata on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 12:46 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

Powermaster recommended BHP to me for my first service - in fact, he went as far as hinting that should there be any problems then he would happily sort them out. (Didn't choose them in the end as their prices took the p**s and they were rude, and they also knew Jack about valve clearances blah blah).Why did you say these things Powermaster when it now seems obvious that the only thing that you and BHP have in common is a similar geographical location? Anyway, this is a truly tragic tale - my advice would be to issue them with a County Court summons. I did it once (long story) and won. It costs around £70 (depends on the amount you are claiming) and it really sh**s people up. Often, they settle before it goes to court. Leelee88, email me if you want some legal advice on how I did my summons.  

By Powermaster on Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 11:03 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Z, it's seems that my apologies was not good enough, I was done by them too and for a lot more, their management was changed and I became aware of this too late for comfort. Like you I feel like punching the guy in the face, but force never solved any argument. I am sorry  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 01:52 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Powermaster, I beg to differ !!

Mrvenjer 

By Zazutata on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 11:12 am:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

Powermaster - no problems, I wan't having a pop at you personally. It's sad that the relatively small Aprilia 'club' has to be spoilt by people like BHP who obviously have little interest or enthusiasm for doing the job properly. Here's to Daz's 'dish the dirt' database!

Zaz  

By Daz on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 01:44 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

G'wan son!!! That's the spirit!!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation