Mille and falco airboxes

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Mille and falco airboxes
By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

A question for you all:

Is the 2001 RSV standard airbox the same as the falco airbox?

Either way so does anyone want to swap the following, no money either way:

I have a 2001 RSVR standard airbox with plate removed, done 600 miles and want to swap for a totally standard box with the original restrictor plate still fitted (my supplying dealer threw it away)

Also I have the standard exhaust from 2001 RSVR, done 600 miles, as new condition with restrictor baffle removed and want to swap for a std pipe with the restrictor still in. I believe any 1999, 2000 or 2001 pipe will be the same.

One more....last time Screech and I met up and rode in the dark we looked at the headlight beam shape and they looked the same (both symmetrical). Is there a different LHD and RHD headlight for the RSV? If so I will be looking to swap my RHD light for a LHD light (anyone bought an import..?) but not until next year for this one.

I am looking to export the bike and will need it in full restricted form to get it re-registered.

Cheers,
Rich 

By Rsvdave on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 12:45 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

Hi Rich,

For your airbox, I think all you need is the plate and screw to re-attach. I don't think you need to replace the whole airbox. If you have a chat with your dealer maybe he can nab the restrictor/screw off the next bike he derestricts?

Another thought - if you're exporting to France I believe they're really strict with the 100bhp limit. Even with the restrictions in place you may still be over the bhp limit. I think the french bikes have more secure restrictions than a UK bike? Could be wrong though...

RSV Dave  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 01:10 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Cheers Dave. I have never seen a restrictor plate so thought a straight aribox swap would be cool, but as you say just the plate and fixings will do the job.

For France I understand that Aprilia have 2 different plates for the airbox, one with a large (110bhp ish) and one with a small hole (100bhp). I think this is the only difference but might be wrong, I've never worked on a france spec machine. its only to get it registered anyway, as soon as it is done I'm putting the race bits back on so it does not sound (and go) like a Dyson.  

By Exdukenut on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 01:36 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Send me an email, with your address and I'll send you my restrictor plate from an Aussie model Falco. Not a problem, if you can't get one from someone closer. I found it last weekend and is sitting next to my keys, on the mantlepeice so could post theoretically tomorrow morning for you, if you like. I certainly don't need it.

I think the Aussie Falco comes in at 100hp restricted from memory. And yes as far as I'm aware the airboxes are the same, as well. 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 01:37 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

If you cant find a restrictor plate Im sure the bottom off an ice cream carton would do .... with a hole in it of course! 

By Dangerous on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 04:50 am:  View Dangerous's Profile Search for other posts by Dangerous Edit this post

Rich, I have a restrictor plate you can have NP.
It's from a 2000 MY bike but should be the same.
This is obviously at no cost, so no risk, just forward me your address and it will be winging it's way to you.  

By Screeeech on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 09:46 am:  View Screeeech's Profile Search for other posts by Screeeech Edit this post

Got a restrictor plate here, this one has a 38mm inlet diameter which you're welcome to. Got a std pipe too, which i'll swap as long as yours isn't much noisier than std, need it to pass noise tests at some meetings.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation