My inside leg...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: My inside leg...
By Richandall on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 10:19 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Quote-------------------------------------
They ought to make all the decent bikes in different inside leg measurements!
------------------------------------------

I think we have a new thread here.

Are we all six footers? C'mon, why don't manufacturers make them in different sizes. Like people.

Don't suffer silently - giants, shorties, fatties, you're out there.

So speak Out!

I not

- Rich

By Mental_Trev on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 12:36 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Only 5'9", me... and quite happy with it, thanks!  

By Mark on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 12:29 pm:  View Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Edit this post

Im 6 foot and like it. I like all bikes from Trialies/crossers through to the Superbikes and I find that I fit them all which is a bonus. I would be frustrated if I was short and couldnt ride something like an Africa Twin.

Born lucky I guess. 

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 12:50 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Short! GRRRRR!

I need a step ladder to mount my Falco! 

By Befbever on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 01:04 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

What's the matter, Racerx? Don't you know only short people look good on bikes?
I'm 1,74 m. And I'm not fat, I'm undertall!

Quote:

I would be frustrated if I was short and couldnt ride something like an Africa Twin.

Short people can ride anything if they want to. Ever heard of Eric Geboers? Stephane Chambon? Daijiro Katoh? 

By Mark on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 07:32 am:  View Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Edit this post

Ahhh, but do they do it round London? mmm? 

By Gaffer on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 11:19 pm:  View Gaffer's Profile Search for other posts by Gaffer Edit this post

I find the Mille just about ok for legroom but a lot of bikes seem to be designed for the vertically challenged

It's more of a problem for the normal Euro size beings like me at 6' 3"

When the hell are manufacturers of leathers etc. going to wake up to the fact that the population is getting taller. Too late for all you shortarses 

By Hansie on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 11:07 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Hi shortasses!
Being 2meters or someting like 6'6" I dont have that much trouble finding stuff to wear. When driving euro bikes its fits nearly , the small eyed (Hi Tomo)bike manufactures make them far to small.The must add a sticker : kids only!

Hansie
Honey , the schrunk the Falco!

By Richandall on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 05:27 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

So who do the japs make their bikes for - home market or export? Do they have any idea of the problems westerners have getting along with their dainty little numbers? Is this the tiny folks' revenge on the people who threw them out of SE asia? Why can't they make decent sized bikes for chrissake?

Even their huge cruisers are built for short legged dwarves.

Men are getting taller, women are getting bustier, and the japs build bikes for skinny track riders built like anorexic flat race jockeys mainlining on watercress & tomato. It doesn't add up. Are they stupid or do they think its clever?

Thank god someone made a quick bike for normal shaped Europeans. Otherwise I fear I'd be riding one of those teutonic flat twin earth-crusher thingies.

- Rich

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 07:50 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Rich,

"and the japs build bikes for skinny track riders built like anorexic flat race jockeys mainlining on watercress & tomato."

I don't like watercress! LOL!

Bef, WTF is 1,74 m? You're only 4 feet tall? LOL! Must be all that Mayonnaise! 

By Befbever on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 08:22 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

A foot is, as I recall, about 30 cm. So I'm 5'8".
I sure hope you do your calculations better when you're doing your job...

What did those freemasons sing in that Simpson episode?
"Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, we do.."

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 08:29 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Bef, Math? Me? I'm still angry they went decimal! I love stock prices in 1/8 dollar increments! LOL!

I guess you and I are roughly the same height. I weigh about 155 pounds... 

By Befbever on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 10:24 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

That's why we look good on bikes!

Quote:

I weigh about 155 pounds

I weighed that too....once.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation