Email to Clayton Photographic

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: General Aprilia Chat: Email to Clayton Photographic
By Diablo_Mille_R on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:54 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Here is what I have just sent:

Dear Roy,

I have just received my photographs you took at the 100% bikes track day at Rockingham, 20th April 2002. I will be honest and say for £25 I am disappointed with them when compared with other track day photos I have had taken in the past. I have 4 photos that all look very similar, and from the others I feel although the quality is sharp, the picture composition is not so good. They lack a feeling of speed, all appear to be of one corner (the right hander following the long right at the back of the circuit), and do not give a good feel of Rockingham. Rockingham is a very twisty technical circuit with excellent opportunity for good pictures hence my expectations. The time has gone now so I have no chance to get any more photos, I was relying on good ones from yourself.

I am prepared to accept 5 of the 9 I received, but would ask you to consider offering some sort of refund if I return the 4 photos I am not happy with.

I was bike upside down 35 in the fast group, black/red/white RSV Mille with red/white shoei helmet.

Yours sincerely,

Richard

What can I say, that is what I think so I'll keep you updated with any reply.

Cheers,
Rich  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:14 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

What a waste of time - the email was returned so I looked for the website and it does not exist either. Seems he wants to hide.....

Rich  

By Daz on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 12:33 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Maybe you should contact 100% - they would like to know this I'd imagine...?

Daz  

By Bonerp on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:11 pm:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Yeah, it bounced my email back yesterday.

I sent it on to 100% Bikes....still waiting for a reply.

If I don't get one today, I'll snail mail it to him/them.  

By Cecilthecat on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:54 pm:  View Cecilthecat's Profile Search for other posts by Cecilthecat Edit this post

Did a track day today and the photographer said that if you were interested in photos then stick one of his stickers on the front of your bike, he then took pictures of only these bikes using a digital camera. In the lunch break he loaded the pictures onto a couple of laptops and if you wanted any of the photos then you could order them there and then. The pictures were of good quality considering it was raining all day, and if you didnt see any photo's that you wanted then you didn't have to buy.
In my mind this is a much better solution than recieving a load of crumby photos as described above.
The guy said that he used to do 100% days but the no longer used him, maybe they should get him back

Simon  

By Bonerp on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 12:25 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Still had no reply from 100%, so I've posted a letter to the photographer.  

By Bonerp on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:23 pm:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Had a reply from the photographers assistant(!?!).

Apparantly the reason why I've got the same photo position several times is because I consistently rode in a group. Bollox! Also said as he was the only one, it made it difficult to get into good track positions. Bollox. I saw him chatting to some bird on the track most of the day.

Anyway, they've offered a refund, or another free set at the next track day.  

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 02:54 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Just so you know if you go to any future days where Roy Clayton is working. I sent the above email and it was returned as the address was invalid. I then wrote a letter dated 8th May whihc was basically the email content. They have not replied. All I can say is do not use Clayton, the pictures are amateur and their attitude is wrong. Get a friend with a good camera to go, they cannot do any worse than Roy Clayton, and at least you get them for the processing costs rather than £25.

Rant over. I hate companies that knowing give crap service then when you write and complain they go quiet. This is exactly what OYB Aylesbury did after I had problems with the bike I bought from them.  

By Bonerp on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 06:44 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Rich,
I sent a replt to them asking for the refund (they offered either another set of pics at the next track day, or a refund), and I've heard jack shite.

That was 3 weeks ago.

I'm heading up that way soon, so I may drop in and pay HIM a visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation