Nitro Nori

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Aprilia in Racing: Nitro Nori
By Befbever on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:56 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Isn't it great to have a real racer back on the Priller? Well done, Nori! And all this at 80%.

Tried to spot Jorge in the paddock somewhere, but couldn't. He was perhaps trying to sell some exhausts to someone...

By Litre1 on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 08:06 pm:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I don't know if you Brits follow AMA much, but Aprilia took 1st and 3rd in the 250 GP bikes at Daytona today! It's the first time ever Aprilia has won that class at Daytona.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/mediacenter/index.asp?id=85&snct=p7200

They're looking strong in every class, right from the get go!

And, by the way, Jason DiSalvo's chrash was pretty fantastic. Make sure and check it out on a replay if you can. 

By Scotty on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 04:08 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I too watched the WSB races yesterday.

Nori did a fantastic job for a man in his first two races for Aprilia.
But as you may remember last year a certain Mr Corser cleared off with no competition on basically the same bike!!

I think that we'll see Haga winning very soon, maybe Phillip Island!!

Many congrats to Chris Walker on a fantastic set of results based on the fact that he's not 100% yet!  

By Befbever on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:54 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

At least Nori got round tyres on his Priller. Difference between Haga and Corser is that Haga enjoys racing and Corser enjoys his paycheck. Not a Corser fan at all myself.

What can I say? My fave rider on my fave bike. Can't be bad, can it?
Hardly watched any superbike races last year. Missed Haga too much! And didn't see much of him in GP's (except for crashes) so me's well happy!  

By Richandall on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Haga recovered from his sideways moment during the closing stages of the 1st impressively. Blink & you missed it. It didn't affect his lap times tho - the man has mucho courage. Afterwards, he reckoned his tyres were off from the fifth lap.

Interesting how he read Bostrum's tactics on the inside overtake manoeuvre. Once he'd tightened up on that, Bostrum was pegged down.

I reckon Bayliss could've won on whichever of the first four bike/tyre combinations - he was that good.

- Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation